Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Discover Niigata City


By Junko Kobayashi (441)

I will introduce you to my hometown Niigata. Niigata city is the largest city on the Sea Of Japan coast side.We have Japan's longest river,the Shinano. We also have ibis(natural monument)at sado island.

Niigata city is dividing into two zone. One is "Furumachi". The Furumachi has several old traditional Japanese restaurants. Geisha still go to perform at in this area. Niigata's geisha have been famous for their beauty thoughout Japan since long ago.
The other is "Bandai". This part of Niigata is full of department stores and fashionable shops.They are popular with young people. Bandai Bridge is the symbol of Niigata. The bridge is very old. It was built one hundred years ago.

We have a huge variety of delicious foods. Rice and Sake are particularly famous here. Of course, Niigata is close to Sea Of Japan, we can eat fresh fish everyday. Sushi is the best food I suppose.

In summer, a variety of events take place in. One of them is Niigata Festival. The festival concludes with a giant display of fireworks on the evening. Another big event is the Sea Of Japan Sunset Concert. It is hold on the beach while the sun sets into the sea. There are so many famous singers gather every year for it.

Recently, there are a lot of travelers from another countries. Particularly, korea and Russia. It is only two hours from Niigata to Seoul by airplane.

Lastly, I want you to visit Niigata and enjoy sightseeing. If you want to know something, Please feel free to contact me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

please take me~ junko o-ne-sang~
hoho..

Unknown said...

Hello Junko: Thanks for the information about your hometown. It's a beautiful place. Someday I would like to Know it!!!.

I won't forget call you!!.

See you.

mohammed said...

I think it is nice pleace to visit . I w’ll go there someday but do u have pictures of ur city ?

Morvaros said...

I've been to Niigata. I loved it there. ^_^